Architech / Aries / Awesome
Super cool admin of ∴ Socii
Teenage Engineering keeps releasing new products and I want all of them https://teenage.engineering/products/ob-4
Looking forward to the release of the Tron: Legacy on vinyl. The art is beautiful https://collider.com/tron-legacy-soundtrack-vinyl-daft-punk-mondo
I am quite excited for the new socii, I’m nearly done with edit functionality. That’s right, the ability to edit posts is gonna be present on day one.
Uncle Roger is my new favorite food critic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrUfwpaNNIM
After the GM for Big Sur I’m getting tf off the beta track. It sucks. Repeated crashes every other update is hella annoying.
Remember when OS X betas were stable? Maybe these crashes are related to the ARM transition.
- No dopamime feedback loops: infinite loading, vanity metrics, “verified” (celebrity status) accounts, &c.
- A lot of fixes and quality of life features.
- No ETA on when this new socii will launch b/c I often fail to meet public deadlines.
- No more uppercase for the name, it’s just “socii”. This is merely a tool and tools aren’t proper nouns.
- The design is going to be basic af. The
userscustomers will bring life to it and make it their own.
- No more free* by default. That asterisk costs you more than money, it could very well cost your life, as it has done others worldwide.
I feel like I’ve done a pretty decent job with this version of Socii but found myself disinterested once I realized I was focused more on recreating Twitter than being original.
The past month has seen a new way forward with a brand new look.
Britain’s Got Talent showcased a dope performance focused on #BlackLivesMatter https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzFNKFitHjw
Okay wow, I’ve lost all interest in this reboot.